Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Mission Accomplished

Internet is really bad here, so it’s just a quickie.

Three of us went up to Khardung La two days ago on the 5th and two of us made it. I was one of the lucky ones. The ascend took six, two in a snowstorm. At 32km I was close to turning around as visibility was around 5m. I decided to push on and after I ascended above the cloud the snow eased off a bit. At the summit it was snowing quite hard, we got shelter in an army camp and some tea. We descended to South Pullu only to find Alex shivering from cold. He turned around at 31km, 8km from the summit. We got back to Leh at about 5:30. Long and hard day but one of the most memorable.

So the great climb is over and ascend of the highest motorable road on a bicycle is in the books.
I hanged a Plolish and Canadian flag on a spoke along with prayer flags on the summit.

I’m off to Dharamsala in order to attend a series of teachings by His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

Cheers.Very happy Robert!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home